posted at the Disney Parks Blog on July 16th, 2011 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks
Do you remember the classic TV show, “Mickey Mouse Club?” Those child stars were known as Mouseketeers and we’ve featured the original group on the Disney Parks Blog a number of times as they helped establish Disneyland Resort as the “Happiest Place on Earth” since its inception in the 1950s. Did you watch this show as child?
Take 5: Disney Mouseketeers
- Sights & Sounds of Disney Parks: A Mouseketeer’s Visit – Recently, original “Mickey Mouse Club” Mouseketeer Sherry Van Meter (née Alberoni) visited Walt Disney World Resort. Check out what she had to say!
- Interview with the Mouseketeers at Disneyland Resort – Last fall we had the unique opportunity to sit down with a few colleagues and some very special guests, who were all “ears” when it came to talking about the 55th Anniversary of the Mickey Mouse Club. Here are some of the highlights.
- Fifty-Five Years of Magic at Disneyland Park – See how the Mouseketeers have contributed to 55 Years of Magic at Disneyland Resort.
- Vinylmation ’55 – The Mickey Mouse Club – Check out this interview with Susan Foy of the Disney Design Group about a few figures from the “Vinylmation 55″ series – a 9” plus 3” set celebrating the 55th Anniversary of The Mickey Mouse Club.
- Mouseketeers March Down Main Street, U.S.A., in 1955 – Their First Public Appearance – In this post, we shared a photo of the Mouseketeers’ first official public appearance on July 17, 1955, during the opening day festivities at Disneyland park.